Monday, May 30, 2011

Blog 9A

I feel like my presentation went very well overall, but i definitely did notice some things during the presentation that could have gone a lot better. First of all, the thing that stuck out the most for me was our overall presentation and how much we were able to make it seem like we were pitching an idea. I was trying to be as enthusiastic as possible and explain things more in depth to give the feel of a sales pitch but I'm not sure if it went as well as i thought.

The biggest weakness that i can think of during our presentation was basically a lack of organization. There were a couple times where the group would stop talking and expect another group member to read the next slide, but some were less willing to read than others. I feel like a little bit of organization before the presentation would have made the pitch flow a lot better than it did.

The thing that i felt was the easiest to explain were the mechanics of the game. I feel this way because many games that were presented seemed to have very similar mechanics which makes it easier for the people to relate and understand. Another reason that mechanics are easy to explain and understand is because many people who are majoring in some type of media have played video games at some point. By playing the video games, they are able to relate our mechanics to mechanics of games that they have played before and understand them a lot easier.

Overall, I would say that my presentation went very well except for the few things that i listed that weren't as clear as i would have wanted them to be. I believe that my group was able to successfully make the presentation seem like a real sales pitch, and get people excited about our idea for a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment