Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog 4A

Article

1. CONNECT
This section of the article explained how people in our current state have a wide open door to express themselves and to let their work get recognized. Before the internet, it was a lot harder for some random person to get their name out and be recognized by the public, but now we have so many more opportunities. The article basically explains how we take things like the internet for granted and that we should use it to our advantage a lot more than we currently do.

After thinking about what this article really means, it makes me realize how much people actually do take the internet for granted, instead of making good use of it. We care too much about social networking sites that connect people that we already know instead of spending our time expressing ourselves and getting recognition from people that we don't know. I feel like if I create things that can reach out to a certain crowd of people, I should make good use of the internet and try to spread my work and get recognition. This will greatly help in my process of becoming a professional in the field of media.

2. MAKE ART
This article titled "MAKE ART" encourages the reader to do exactly that. The only thing that really stuck out to me is the definition that the author gives to the word art. The author basically says that art is not really limited to paintings or sculptures or things that people generally view as art, but is also things that we create on a daily basis. This article encourages everyone to be artists by creating things and being innovative.

These ideas can greatly influence me on the road to becoming successful in the field of media because it encourages me to do great things on a daily basis. The field of media is a very creativity based field, but some things are not necessarily considered art by the public. If I take these ideas and incorporate them into my life, I believe that I will become a more creative person, and possibly even an innovator in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment